Freitag, 24. Oktober 2008

A New Earth


I've been reading a book titled A NEW EARTH these days. The best part of this book is that it tries to make people realize that we are in a suffering state of mind. Well done described. it's not a book that force you to change your thoughts about something otherwise it tries to awake you (in this case, awakes me) that every emotion that we have everyday is caused by our own ego.

Mr. Tolle said that what we usually refer to when we say 'I' is not who we are. Instead of that, we made the 'I' word equate with who we are. Who are we in this case is a gender, possessions, a nationality, religion, race, profession and also things that happened to 'me' in the past. Let's make it crystal clear.. he said that "most of the time it is not you who speaks when you say or think 'I' but some aspect of that mental construct, the egoic self. Once we awaken, we still use the word 'I', but it will come from a much deeper place within ourselves."

To be more precise, ego = I = me = myself = mine and i conclude that i shouldn't equate it with my truly self (the unconscious mind who doesn't realize that ego has taken its part). though it is the fate of ego that we become like what we are now, but if we are awaken somehow now and we know the ego makes us somewhat uncomfortable we better aware of it from now on and try not to be too attached with things or people. true.

Keine Kommentare: